I haven't written anything in ages... my bad! Things have been so busy (visa application malarkey and starting a new job) that it has just slipped my mind!
Walking has been going well. Dave comes with me on most walks and the lovely Kat (who's also doing the Moonwalk!) comes with us on Wednesdays for a 4-mile walk around Arthur's Seat. It's really great to have walking companions as a) it passes the time and b) removes the temptation to take shortcuts!!
When I do go alone, though, I put on my "cheesy crap" playlist which keeps me going... My morale is still pretty high, and whenever I don't feel like walking I just keep reminding myself how good it will feel to cross the finish line!
So last weekend I had my first 5 mile walk - we went through Stockbridge and Dean Village, which was very scenic, though hilly... This weekend is the dreaded 6 mile walk, which I'm planning on taking through Bruntsfield, Morningside and around the Southside. At least there won't be the bloody steep hills of Dean Village!
Miles since last post: 28
Miles total: 48
Pounds lost: 12
Mood: Not looking forward to the 6 mile walk on Saturday!!
http://www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/lindsay_mucka
No comments:
Post a Comment